|A beautiful wide curving golden beach on the South Coast of Sri Lanka – just an hour away from the bustling city of Colombo thanks to the brand new expressway, it can be considered to be the most desirable location for an enjoyable tropical holiday.
1.The Beach – Turquoise waters, clean and white sand.
2. Weather – warm and sunny. Avoid the monsoons unless you like to hole up in your room all day.
|3. People –The locals here have proven many times, that all tourists and visitors are well looked after during their visits. It’s a mixed crowd with lots of foreign tourists along with locals down from the city especially over the weekends.
4. Outdoors – So much to do! Wreck and reef Diving, Snorkelling, Fishing, Night fishing, Boating, Jet skiing, Surfing, and the list goes on! Almost all the hotels and restaurants offer these and all you need to do is ask.
5. Party – Beach parties & raves & Pre full moon parties all happen at the Happy Banana, Kingfisher, Diving Center, Lucky Tuna, UBR and Comaran Beach Club. All feature Beach Bars, Cool Music, Beach Beds, Chill out Lounges & Hammocks. The best way to meet all the other people in resort and everyone is there just to have the best time. Almost all the places are now setting trends with top DJs from Colombo and other parts of the world
6. Grub – Fine Seafood, local food, Italian specials and pizza to do die for are combined with drinks, decent music in the many beachside restaurants.
7. Sunsets – Romantic! However, a trip to Una would not be complete if you don’t stay up until sunrise wandering the beach while sipping cold beers.
8. Bunk – - Unawatuna offers accommodation for all budgets, including numerous guesthouses and up-market hotels to exotic boutique hotels. Most places are on the beach although Valla devalaya road has a few places inland (but just 1-minute walk away from the ocean)
9. Not to miss – Jungle beach – secluded and hard to get to – but a treat! Just 30 minutes by boat from Unawatuna, or a crazy trek you can find a lost place in jungle, with a small beach and a nice coral reef. Lie on the beach, snorkel, BBq or just use your imagination.
10. Sum-up – ‘Peace on paradise”
Author : Raji